Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pedestrians Bring a Different View...#DontBlockMyWalk

On 24th Av S, along side Dragon Park, there is a clearly marked crosswalk.  For years I have been calling the non-emergency number to complain about people parking in this crosswalk.  

#DontBlockMyWalk







When I brought up this concern with Public Works, they said 'people should know better' (HINT:  We really need a Public Awareness campaign on walking issues!!!).  People should know better but somehow, after many years and many polite notes on windshields, the blocked crosswalk goes on.  

***

Thankfully, Public Works has stepped in.  This is a shout out to them for painting in the diagonal lines to alert drivers to the upcoming crosswalk.  It seems to be helping...  



***

The point is, I am not sure I would have noticed this particular issue (over and over again) if I hadn't been passing by on foot.  Walkers are imperative to helping Nashville grow and develop conscientiously as we are able to take in the view at a different level and pace.  If my only relationship with this crosswalk was speeding by it in a car, I am pretty sure I would never have noticed. Pedestrians bring a different view.  




No comments:

Post a Comment