One of the criticisms of the Nashville Pedestrian Death Registry is a concern that many killed will be intoxicated, implicating some level of fault. So far this year (2017), of the 5 who have died, this does not seem to be the case.
I think this shows there are assumptions made about pedestrians who are killed and it deserves more study and attention.
|Red dots indicate location of pedestrian deaths|
NASHVILLE PEDESTRIAN DEATH REGISTRY, 2017
- Jose Escobar, 66 years old, Old Hickory Boulevard near Highway 70 S in Bellevue, 1/1/2017
- William Smith, 47 years old, Trinity Lane and Meridian Street, 1/12/2017
- Skylar Villarreal, 29 years old, 1100 Block of Bell Road in Antioch, near Cedar Pointe Parkway, 1/18/2017
- Kenneth D. Smith, 47 years old, Murfreesboro Pk at Pineway Dr, 1/30/2017
- Ni Soc, 40 years old, Wallace Rd near Tampa Dr, 2/2/2017
More details to come. Website is in production.
To donate or contact with information: