Saturday, April 18, 2015

I-440 Greenway - This Would be A Dream Come True for West Nashville!



I live in a dead-zone for walkability.  Mind you, I can walk in a perfect loop on quiet tree-lined side streets & I often see a number of my neighbors by doing so.  My neighborhood is actually park-like with the number of walks and its beauty.  It's the walking to a destination that I cannot do as I am hemmed in on all sides by major roads without a lick of sidewalk structure.  I cannot walk with purpose to any business, library, event, park, public transportation, school, etc.  I could go on and on…

I think a lot of West Nashvillians live with the same limitations.

That could change and change quickly if the I-440 Greenway is created soon. 







NASHVILLE NEEDS SIDEWALKS (and Green Ways!). 

Nashville needs well designed, high quality, and uniform sidewalks with adequate green buffers to provide shade.

That is the goal of Shade Parade Nashville & The Sidewalk Foundation.

If you or someone you know would like to put in a regulation sidewalk in front of your home or development OR would like to make a donation to The Sidewalk Foundation contact thesidewalkfoundation@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment