Rolf & Daughters - #3 Best New Restaurant in America 2013. Bon Appetite
Leather jackets and skinny jeans join cowboy boots.
Country music lovers have long made the pilgrimage to Nashville, but now the city has fast gained cachet among rock fans and foodies. The city’s vibrant scene is home to the Black Keys, Kings of Leon, Jeff the Brotherhood and Diarrhea Planet, who all play in town occasionally. And a youthquake is transforming scruffy neighborhoods like 12 South and East Nashville into hipster hubs. New hangouts include Pinewood Social, a bar, restaurant, bowling alley and karaoke joint, and the 404, a restaurant and boutique hotel in a former auto garage. Add to that a thriving culinary scene, exemplified by the Music City Eats Festival, back for a second year in September. And Nashville’s old standbys — like the honky-tonk Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge and the venerable Ryman — are as fun as ever.
— STEVEN KURUTZ
Now, if they would just push to make the pilgrimage on foot!
Top Places to Travel in 2014 - Nashville is Number 15!
A few more Nashville Accolades:
— STEVEN KURUTZ
Top Places to Travel in 2014 - Nashville is Number 15!
A few more Nashville Accolades:
- Travel + Leisure’s “America’s Favorite Cities in 2013” listed Nashville for No. 2 for Proud of Their City, No. 3 for Classical Music, No. 3 for Attractive, and No. 4 for Live Music Scene.
- Rolf and Daughter’s listed in Thrillist’s list of “The 33 Best New Restaurants in America”
- New York Times named Nashville “One of the Top 52 Places to Go in 2014” - one of 9 US locations included on the list.
- Nashville ranked Top 10 for “Most Popular Cities for Millennials” by Forbes.
- Opry Mills named “Top Shopping Destination in the Southern Region” by Groups Today Magazine.
- Nashville was named one of the Best Places to Travel in 2014 by Travel + Leisure!
- Condé Nast Traveler placed Nashville in their list of Destinations You Don't Want To Miss Out On in 2014.
- Nashville is on Fodor's Go List for 2014 - one of 25 places in the world!
- Zanies Comedy Club was listed on Travel + Leisure's America's Best Comedy Clubs.
- GreenBiz.com put Nashville in their list of Top 10 U.S. Cities for Green Meetings in 2014.
- Etch was named the best restaurant in Nashville in Zagat's 2014 America's Top Restaurants Survey.
- Rolf & Daughters was named one of The 33 Best New Restaurants in America by Thrillist.
- Nashville was voted #4 of the Best U.S. Cities for Shopping by readers of USA Today and 10Best.
- Nashville is on Travel + Leisure's list of Best Places to Spend Christmas in 2013.
- Men's Fitness listed Nashville as one of the Best Places to Party in America.
- Nashville restaurant Rolf & Daughters was named #3 Best New Restaurant in America 2013by Bon Appetit.
- Nashville was named one of the Top Five Off-Peak Destinations for Winter 2013/2014 bySmarterTravel and posted by Huffington Post Travel, in company with the likes of Russia, United Kingdom, Rome, and Kyoto!
- Rolf & Daughters was named one of Esquire's Best New Restaurants of 2013.
- Huffington Post compiled a group of 20 Awesome U.S. Cities You Need to Visit in Your 20s, and Nashville topped the list!
- Nashville's Union Station Hotel is on Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards in 2013.
- Zagat named Bella Napoli's Salsiccia pizza the best pizza in Tennessee in their 50 States, 50 Pizzas list.
- The Johnny Cash Museum in Nashville topped National Geographic's list of Pitch-Perfect Museums in 2013.
- Nashville was ranked the #2 in the list of 10 Most Compassionate U.S. Cities by the Development Counsellors International, as cited by Forbes.com.
- Four Nashville bars, Holland House Bar and Refuge, Whiskey Kitchen, The Patterson House, and Capitol Grille, were named among America's 55 Best Bourbon Bars by The Bourbon Review.
- Two Nashville food trucks made The Daily Meal's list of 50 Best Dessert Trucks in America for 2013: Retro Sno (#49) and The Cupcake Collection (#10).
- USA Today placed Nashville in their list of Best Urban Green Spaces in North America.
- 8 Nashville restaurants - The Catbird Seat, City House, Husk, Lockeland Table, Mas Tacos Por Favor, The Pharmacy Burger Parlor, Prince's Hot Chicken Shack, and Rolf and Daughters - made Southern Living's list of 100 Places to Eat Now.
- Juice Nashville was named one of The Best Juice Bars in America by the Daily Meal.
- Nashville was ranked #3 in Travel + Leisure's list of America's Best Cities for Ice Cream.
- The Ryman Auditorium hit the list of The Best Music Venues in America: Reader's Choice from Rolling Stone.
- Yahoo! Travel placed Nashville's celebration among The Best Fourth of July Fireworks Shows in 2013.
- The Hermitage Hotel and Hutton Hotel made Travel + Leisure's list of World's Best Awards in the Large City Hotels category.
- National Geographic ranked 11 Music Venue Icons in the U.S. and Nashville's Ryman Auditorium made the list.
- Nashville's 4th of July event is featured in MSN Living's list of Best Fourth of July Fireworks in the USA.
- Condé Nast named Nashville one of the 5 Must-See Cities to Visit in 2013. Read more.
- Rolling Stone put the Bluebird Cafe in their list of The Best Music Venues in America - Venues That Rock.
- Rolling Stone ranked the Ryman Auditorium in their list of The Best Big Rooms in America - Venues That Rock.
- Nashville ranked No. 2 in Travel + Leisure's Best U.S. Cities for Affordable Getaways.
- Fodor's placed Nashville in their list of 7 Affordable Destinations for 2013. Read more.
- The Nashville International Airport was ranked among the 7 Most Entertaining Airports in the World by CNN.
- Budget Travel named Nashville one of the 10 Best Budget Destinations in the world for 2013. Read more.
- Yahoo! Travel placed Nashville in their list of Destinations to Watch in 2013. Read more.
- Business Insider ranked Nashville among their 13 Places You Need to Visit in 2013. Read more.
- Zagat named Nashville as one of 7 Up-and-Coming Food Cities Around the U.S.
- Kayne Prime is one of Gayot's 2013 Top 10 Steakhouses in the U.S.
- The Hutton Hotel received Forbes' esteemed Forbes Four-Star Award in 2013.
- Lonnie's Western Room was named one of America's Best Karaoke Bars by Travel + Leisure.
- Smart Meetings named the Nashville Live Music Guide App as one of the "Top 5 CVB Apps that Go Beyond the Norm."
- Homes.com ranked Nashville among the nation's Top 10 Culture Cities, citing it being a "hotbed of music, art and drama."
- Nashville ranked #3 in Travel + Leisure's 2012 America's Favorite Cities, including #1 for Friendly and Wireless Coverage, #2 for Music scene, Safety, and Affordability, #3 for Girlfriend Getaways.
- Rolling Stone noted Nashville as having the Best Music Scene.
- Nashville’s July 4th: Let Freedom Sing! was listed among the Biggest Shows in America byHuffington Post.
- Nashville’s July 4th: Let Freedom Sing! was named one of the Top 10 best fireworks displays in the country by Forbes.com in 2012.
- AOL named Nashville America's New Boomtown.
- Mashable Business named Nashville one of the Top 10 “Best U.S. Cities for Tech Jobs”.
- Thumbtack.com's Small Business Survey put Nashville at #6 in their list of friendliest cities to small businesses.
- CVent Supplier Network ranked Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center #2 on a national list for hotel meeting spaces.
- Food & Wine named Erik Anderson and Josh Habiger of The Catbird Seat “Best New Chefs 2012”.
- Bloomberg placed Nashville in their list of The Top 12 American Boomtowns.
- GQ named The 5 Spot’s Keep on Movin’ Dance Party ‘the Most Stylish Party in America’in April 2012.
- Forbes ranked Nashville #2 on their list of The Best Big Cities for Jobs.
- Travel + Leisure readers ranked Nashville #6 among the cities with America's Most Attractive People.
- Livability.com named the Top 10 Best Music Scenes Outside Nashville, New York City and Los Angeles in March 2012.
- Bon Appetit Magazine called Nashville the “Coolest, Tastiest City in the South” stating that Nashville is a place that “embodies New South cool, mixing country and city, high and low” in February 2012.
- Sweet 16th Bakery named in Food and Wine’s Best Breakfast Sandwiches in the U.S. in 2012.
- Bing.com ranked Nashville one of the Top 15 cities in the world “where it’s always New Years Eve.” Listed among cities like Tokyo, Berlin, New York City, Rio, and Bangkok in 2012.
- U.S. News Travel ranked Nashville #6 for “America’s Best BBQ Cities” in 2012.
- Local restaurant The Catbird Seat was named “10 Best New Restaurants in America” byGQ Magazine in their 2012 esteemed list.
- Nashville ranked among the Top 20 for “America’s Greenest Cities,” “Best Cities for Hipsters” and “America’s Best Cities for Foodies” in Travel + Leisure in 2011.
- Travel + Leisure Magazine's America's Favorite Cities 2011 survey awarded Nashville with#1 Live Music/Concerts and Bands, #1 Affordable Getaway, #1 Affordable Hotels, #3 Friendly, #4 Barbecue, #5 Antique Stores, #6 Vintage Shops and Flea Markets, #6 Safety, #7 Hamburgers, #7 Wild Weekend and more.
- Nashville was named one of the top CVB twitter accounts by CheapoAir.com.
- Lane Motor Museum was named one of the "12 car museums worth a detour" bymsnbc.com.
- Nashville ranked #8 on the 2010 Traveler's Choice Destinations for "Top Ten Nightlife Destinations in the United States."
- Travel + Leisure Magazine named Prince's Hot Chicken Shack one of the best places for fried Chicken in America.
- 360 Bistro was awarded the Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator Magazine for their "well-chosen selection of quality producers."
- Patterson House was named one of the Top 10 new cocktail bars in the country by Bon Appetit Magazine.
- Nashville's Springwater Supper Club made an appearance on "Playboy's Guide to America's Greatest Bars," landing the "Best Dive Bar."
- News Channel 5's coverage of the 2008 "Let Freedom Sing" 4th of July concert and fireworks show won the Emmy Award for Live Special Event at the 2010 Midsouth Regional Emmy Awards.
- AmericanStyle Magazine named Nashville as one of the top 25 Art Cities in the big city category.
- Liveability.com ranked Nashville 5th in its "Golf's Best Kept Secrets: 10 Great Golf Cities."
- Nashville was named as one of the "World's Best Cities and Festivals for Music Lovers" byMSN Travel.
- In TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice 2010 survey, Nashville's Hermitage Hotel was ranked #4 in the Top 10 Luxury Hotels and Hutton Hotel was ranked #9 in the Top 10 Trendiest Hotels.